About Our Founders
In 1958, Raymond E. Griffiths
joined Samuel Krugliak
at the firm of Aungst, Snyder, Walsh and Krugliak
. They were joined by Ronald W. Dougherty
in 1960 and David L. Simiele
in 1963. Together, these four attorneys became instumental in establishing the firm we are today.
Krugliak, Griffiths, Dougherty and Simiele merged with another group of associated lawyers in 1963, and practiced as a unit under the firm name of Shetler, Snyder, Hamaker, Walsh, Krugliak & Herbruck
located in the Renkert Building in downtown Canton, Ohio.
In January 1, 1964, Krugliak and Griffiths formed a partnership known as Krugliak & Griffiths
. Both Dougherty and Simiele were employees of this partnership. One year later a new partnership called Krugliak, Griffiths & Dougherty
was formed. During those years the partnerships were still associated with Shetler, Snyder, Hamaker, Walsh, Krugliak & Herbruck
However, in 1966, yet another partnership was formed when F. Stuart Wilkins
joined Krugliak, Griffiths, Dougherty and Simiele. At that time they adopted the new name of Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty
. In February of 1969, the firm moved from the Renkert Building to the newly constructed Citizens Savings Building in downtown Canton.
The firm operated in downtown Canton until 1992 when the firm decided to relocate to a rapidly developing business district - Belden Village. However, the firm has never forgotten its roots and our attorneys continue to be actively involved in the downtown area. In addition to being active in many community organizations such as the Pro Football Hall of Fame
and the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival
, the Stark County District Library
, the Canton Ballet
and the Canton Symphony
to name a few.
In 1984 we opened an office in Alliance, Ohio followed in 1998 by an office in New Philadelphia, Ohio. In 2002 we launched an additional Tuscarawas County office in Sugarcreek, and in 2010 we expanded into Summit County with an office in downtown Akron, Ohio. These offices are still in operation and we continue to grow the number of clients serviced from these locations each year and since our founding in 1958, we have grown to over 40 lawyers, the largest law firm in Stark County, Ohio.